We are a full service company specializing in quality feed and competitive grain marketing. Our knowledgeable and friendly staff are happy to assist you in developing a feeding program, profitably marketing your grain, and bringing your product to market.
Wayland Monday thru Friday 7:30am to 4:30 pm
Access our grain bids at the Cash Bids link under the Grain menu.
Grain Indemnity Fund
The state of Iowa has reimplented the collection of fees to fund the Grain Indemnity Fund. These assessments will begin on September 1, 2023. The assessment is .25cents (quarter of a cent) per bushel. Bushels affected are those sold on Cash or Spot contracts. Bushels on Credit Sale Contracts - Deferred Price, Deferred Payment, or Basis - are not covered by or assessed for this fund.
Please call our Wayland office at 319-256-6000 we will be happy to help you with all your grain marketing needs!
Registration for our website is optional and gives you access to more information and create your own personal market quoteboard.
For free signup:
All grain prices are subject to change at any time.
Cash bids are based on 10-minute delayed futures prices, unless otherwise noted.
- Cotton Stalls into Weekend
- The front month cotton futures were 10 to 100 points weaker in the active contracts on Friday. March futures printed a 73 point gain, though OI was listed at just 409 contracts. The March ’25 contract was also a point higher at the bell. Dec prices ended the week with...
- Wheat Maintains Weekly Gain Despite Friday Pullback
- Wheat futures faded into the weekend, but held onto a weekly gain. Chicago futures were down by as much as a dime on Friday, though March was still up by 13 cents vs last Friday. KC wheat futures dropped by 5 to 8 cents on the last trade day of...
- Beans Close Red on Friday
- Soybean futures fell by as much as 14 ¾ cents across the front months on the last trade day of the week. March beans finished at a new contract low and the lowest mark for the lead month since the fall of 2020. March options also expired at the close,...
- Cattle Rally Triple Digits into Monthly Report
- Live cattle futures were up by $1.32 to $2.10 on Friday with a triple digit bounce into the CoF report. Feeders closed up by as much as 1.3% on the last trade day of the week, leaving March up by $3.55 for the week. USDA confirmed cash trade from $180.50...
- Hog Futures Push Higher into Weekend
- The lean hog market ended Friday with another 45 to 60 cent gains, which left April $1.97 higher for the week. The July contract closed +$100 for the first time since Feb 2023. USDA’s National Average Base Hog price was $1.71 weaker on Friday afternoon at $71.49. The 02/21 CME...
- Sub-$4 Corn!
- The lead month corn contract closed below the $4 mark on Friday for the first time since the fall of 2020. March options also expired on the day with up to 9k $4 puts converted to futures. The other front months were 3 ¾ to 5 cents lower for the...